This question already has an answer here:

I was wondering about something that occurs in Japanese I've seen quite often but have yet to find an explanation. I know the Japanese verb to say is 言う, and I know that sometimes you can simply end a sentence with って to indicate implicitly that 言う follows. But I've also seen the following:

[sentence]-っつの such as in the following 大丈夫っつの translated to mean: I said I'm fine.

My question is where does this っつ come from? I'm guessing the の is as in 何をしているの, but the っつ puzzles me. I'm guessing that it's some sort of colloquial speech style such as saying わかんない vs 分からない, and if that's the case, the only verb I can think of is 伝える.

Can anyone elaborate?

marked as duplicate by blutorange, Dono, Zhen Lin, Earthliŋ, snailboat Mar 28 '15 at 21:23

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

• Writing this as a comment since I am not entirely sure, but in general (I think) つ(う?) instead of 言う is a feature of Edo-ben, still existing in parts of Tokyo and Chiba. I hear people from the Tokyo Shitamachi using it quite often. – Rilakkuma Mar 28 '15 at 5:27
    I believe it's the same one as this: What does っつの mean? – istrasci Mar 28 '15 at 6:06