I want to say that "as A becomes closer friends with C, B gets jealous and A and B drift apart". What I have so far is A-さんは C-さんと仲良くすればするほど、B-さんがうらやましくなって、A-さんと_____てしまう。

  • BTW Bさんがうらやましい may in most cases mean someone (perhaps A in this sentence) being jealous of B. So, to indicate B's jealousy explicitly, you had better use a verb, うらやむ or [嫉妬]{しっと}する. I think Bさんが嫉妬して fits best here. – isayamag Mar 18 '15 at 0:04


would fit this context.

If the separation is more passive, rather than intentional/active, then


These are expressions for drifting apart. "Losing/ending a friendship" has much different expressions.

「縁{えん}を切{き}る」 「関係{かんけい}を損{そこ}なう・失{うし}う」 「~はもうおしまい」

| improve this answer | |
  • To fill in your blank, 「距離を置くようになってしまった。」 – user224579 Mar 17 '15 at 23:42

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.