I was reading a text but somehow my brain managed to freeze and I have utterly no idea what was said. In the image is the text itself, and I figured the first kanji should be 抱, but I'm not sure of the second... What could it be and what would the sentence be? This comes directly after a observatory comment that someones body tempature is low when they share a hug (it's chilly where they met up). picture

Also (tho not as important) is there any tips on how to better read handwritten kanji? Even if I know the kanji themselves I have a hard time recognizing them when it's handwritten... Or does it just become easier the more experience you have reading it?

closed as off-topic by mirka, Flaw, Eiríkr Útlendi, Hideki, jkerian Nov 17 '15 at 19:56

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not provide a bulk translation service. See: We don't do translations." – mirka, Flaw, Eiríkr Útlendi, Hideki, jkerian
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

でも[抱]{だき}しめ[続]{つづ}けると
[温]{あたたか}くなるんだ

I think it's something along the lines of "But if you keep holding (each other?), you'll be warm."
(I would normally write these as [抱]{だ}しめ(る) and [温]{あたた}(い), by the way.)

Even if I know the kanji themselves I have a hard time recognizing them when it's handwritten...

I often have a hard time recognising handwritten English letters. When there's a word I can't decipher I try to guess from the context, and it works most of the time.

Or does it just become easier the more experience you have reading it?

Yes, and when you learn more kanji/words and get used to reading longer sentences, I think you can guess what the kanji is from the context. Good luck :)

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.