I've seen these writings in the ground of Brazil.

I've already tried to translate it with my friend but there are some complex kanji that we don't know.

I'm very curious to know what they say, can someone translate it? I have four pictures, if the writings are not legible I can try to edit the photos and make them more legible.

First Picture

Second Picture

Third Picture

Fourth Picture

• We don't do translations here. I'm having some trouble reading it, but the characters I make out are: 汗のない / [illegible to me] 会 は [illegible to me]落だ。 – virmaior Oct 10 '14 at 2:38
  • Ahh yes that does appear to be accurate. Couldn't see the strokes on the darker gray (and not being a native speaker had no intuition on that one). – virmaior Oct 10 '14 at 2:39
  • That would be 堕落{だらく}, not 墜落{ついらく} – dainichi Oct 10 '14 at 5:26
  • It looks to me as 汗のない社会は堕落だ – user1016 Oct 10 '14 at 5:56
    Maybe from this? >>> 「愛のない社会は暗黒であり、汗の無い社会は堕落である・・・野中広務」 homepage3.nifty.com/hirose/text/word/index.html – user1016 Oct 10 '14 at 5:58

It seems to be 汗のない社会は堕落だ, which is a variation on 「愛なき人生は暗黒なり。汗なき社会は堕落なり。」Google tells me this is a quote from 前田又兵衛. Something like "A life without love is darkness. A society without effort is corruption."

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.