Could you explain more precisely the meaning and grammar of 「緊張しながら」? I know that 「緊張」 means "nervous" or "tension", but 「〜しながら」 - I can't understand this part.

Could you please supply the entire sentence? Also, could you tell us what you've done to try to solve your problem so far? For example, have you looked up ながら in a dictionary? – snailcar Oct 2 '14 at 19:36
  • I can not remember the entire sentence, because I heard it on TV so quick. The main goal of this question was to understand the grammar of 「〜しながら」 part. On Google total absurd about this phrase, on ALC - just one example.. – Ernestas Gruodis Oct 3 '14 at 10:39

「〜しながら」literally translates to "while {verb}~ing}. The form is basically basic verb+ながら "i.e. "緊張し+ながら". So in your example, it basically means "While worrying....."

Just I little information: 〜しながら splits into し + ながら, where し is 連用形 (continuative) form of する. – Ernestas Gruodis Oct 9 '14 at 7:02

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.