I found this sentence on a manga, and I can't find its meaning for I don't understand the function of にも in this case:

勉強にもスポーツにもそれから恋愛か。

Can you tell us what this sentence is from or what the context might be? – snailcar Sep 22 '14 at 16:21

For example the question could have been "what are you taking interests in" with "in" standing for に, this would be a suggestion for the answer: "In learning and in sports and also relationships."

In this case you are summing up things you would use に after in a full sentence. 勉強に興味あります。

In this context, 'にも' means 'as well as'

OP asks for the function but you gave a translation. – l'électeur Sep 24 '14 at 1:37
    To be fair, the OP also said that they "can't find its meaning". – Eiríkr Útlendi Nov 7 '15 at 1:01
  • "In this context, 'にも' means 'as well as'" >> How is it different from 勉強スポーツ ? What is the に doing here? – Chocolate Nov 7 '15 at 14:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.