How do you say:

My skills in programming languages are Javascript, Zend framework, Yii framework, etc

I have tried this:

私のスキルはプログラミング言語で。

And I don't know how to list the items "Javascript, Zend framework, Yii framework, etc", especially how to place the particles.

• How about 言語XでのレベルはZ急です? It's a difficult question to answer as everybody will have a different answer for you... – yu_ominae Sep 19 '14 at 10:14
  • I don't get it why did you say this is difficult and possible to has different answers ? – mockie Sep 19 '14 at 11:43
  • Do you mean A, B, C, and D are different programming languages, or they are concepts of programming (OOP, AI, Web applications, etc.)? – istrasci Sep 19 '14 at 14:34
    I meant that's just for example purpose. In fact I want to write it as "Zend framework,Yii framemwork, JQuery framework, Javascript, etc". because I only need the pattern to learn the grammar. – mockie Sep 19 '14 at 15:09
  • Is "Listing multiple nouns" what you need? And "skill in programming language" is "プログラミング言語のスキル". – naruto Sep 19 '14 at 17:13
  • X, Y, Z言語が使えます。
  • X, Y, Z言語で開発が出来ます。
  • X, Y, Z言語でソフト構築が出来ます。
  • 言語X, Y, Zのプロです!
  • プログラミング言語はいくつか使えます。

There are a lot of possible translations, so just pick one. But I'm sure somebody else will offer a better translation soon.

• Thanks for the answer. I will wait another possible answers before I accept your answer :) – mockie Sep 19 '14 at 17:50
  • 構築 indicates physical construction or building, so I don't think it would be used in relation to software development. Unless this is some set phrase or 専門用語 that I've never heard before. – istrasci Sep 19 '14 at 19:50
  • @istrasci unless I completely misunderstood what was being said to me at work, you can use it in software development. – yu_ominae Sep 19 '14 at 23:49
  • @yu_ominae: I think I found some examples of that after I posted the comment. I stand corrected. – istrasci Sep 21 '14 at 3:06
  • @Itrasci, I actually started doubting what I'd said this morning and also whether I'd used it correctly, so thanks for confirming. – yu_ominae Sep 21 '14 at 6:51

My $0.02.

• プログラミング言語のうち、X、Y、Zが(専門・得意)です。
  • ソフト開発にかけて、得意とする言語はX、Y、Zです。
  • What's exactly translation of this "My skills in programing languages are A, B, C and D." ? Is this correct "私のプログラミング言語でのスキルはA,B,C,とDです。" ? – mockie Sep 19 '14 at 20:05
    Yes, that is a literal translation. But it sounds really weird. To be honest your sentence in English sounds weird to start with... – yu_ominae Sep 19 '14 at 23:50
    +1 for the very natural first sentence alone. In the second, 「手際のよい」 would have to be changed to something like 「得意とする」. – l'électeur Sep 20 '14 at 0:12
  • No worries. I assume you're trying for a job interview, so good luck! – yu_ominae Sep 20 '14 at 15:22
    @yu_ominae no, I'm not. I have just started to learn Japanese and It's totally for learning purpose because I don't know what to write so I am trying to write my profile in Japanese :) – mockie Sep 23 '14 at 1:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.