Looking at examples on weblio, it looks like maybe 持ち込む is more for things and 持ってくる is for bringing people along with you, etc?

• Note the different in your title and your body もちくる vs. もってくる. Those are grammatically different. – virmaior Sep 18 '14 at 2:31
  • Ah right >< So is もちくる a thing then? – freedrull Sep 18 '14 at 2:54
  • もちくる does exist, but the two expressions in the title (and the newly edited version of the question body) are much more common. – virmaior Sep 18 '14 at 3:11
    @virmaior What's もちくる? – snailplane Sep 18 '14 at 3:24
    @snailboat it has a definition here: ejje.weblio.jp/content/%E6%8C%81%E3%81%A1%E6%9D%A5%E3%82%8B though no examples... So presumably it exists somewhere. The definition makes sense to me if we view it is as "I will go get ~ and come back" (持ち as 連体形 + くる). But I've never seen it anywhere so I assumed OP was making an error in transcription – virmaior Sep 18 '14 at 3:46

持ち込む is to bring things inside, take something into.

持ってくる is just to bring things.

None of them are used for people. That would be 連れてくる.

• 連れ込む・・・← ちょっと危ない・・ – user1016 Sep 18 '14 at 7:03
  • I assume @Choko is referring to this defn of 連れ込む: 愛人を連れて旅館などにはいり込む。 – jogloran Sep 18 '14 at 23:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.