Recently I've been listening to some Japanese radio stations online. I heard somebody say

お願い出します

a couple of times. I'm now hearing it sometimes in other places.

Can somebody tell me what it means? I can get search engine results with pages that use it but rikaichan doesn't translate it as a phrase, just the two components. Could somebody explain it to me please?

Looks like you're hearing it incorrectly. The phrase you want is お願{ねが}い致{いた}します. 致します is the humble form of します, so it's really just a more polite way to say お願いします.

• Yes, I believe you are right. This link here which uses お願い出します lang-8.com/275973/journals/1309935 has a comment underneath where somebody corrects them to お願い致します – VictorySaber Apr 30 '14 at 12:42
    I can understand why one might want to think that お願い出します could be right as 出す is often used as a suffix like that, but it's just not used that way with お願い. お願い致します is a VERY common expression and I would say with virtually 100% certainty that it's the right interpretation your case. – ssb Apr 30 '14 at 12:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.