I English I can ask somebody if they've experienced or sampled a food or drink, or even an activity with this verb:
- Here try this and tell me if you like it.
- I tried koregusu once but I didn't like it.
- You don't have to eat it but at least try it.
- I like spicy food so I really want to try taka-no-tsume.
- You can't say you don't like tequila if you never even tried a good one!
- Did you ever try scuba diving?
- I tried hitchhiking once but I prefer to travel by bicycle.
I'm having trouble finding a word, phrase, or pattern, to express this sense of try.(I know it overlaps with the other senses of try in English.)
These are the closest Japanese terms I could find. Do they do the job?