In English, we call footage that plays after the credits of a movie a "stinger". See, for example, the wiktionary entry, definition 8:

A scene shown on films or television shows after the credits.

What would you call this in Japanese? I guess you could describe it as エンドロールの後の映像, but is there a more concise / punchier way of referring to it?

  • 5
    "is there a more concise / punchier way of referring to it?" And if there is, how widely used/known is it? Because I've never heard 'stinger' used like that before in English!
    – Robin
    Feb 13 '14 at 12:53
  • @Ash I've heard it a fair bit in my corner of the US, and it sees use on sites like mediastinger.
    – senshin
    Feb 13 '14 at 20:49
  • @Ash: I've heard it, but only because I've stumbled across the same Wikipedia entry. Kind of reminds me of xkcd.com/978
    – Kaji
    Mar 24 '14 at 15:03

It is usually called 「おまけカット」.

When it consists of bloopers, it is called 「[NG集]{エヌジーしゅう}」.

  • 1
    – user1016
    Feb 27 '14 at 13:36
  • 1
    俳優やもん、これぐらい知ってまんがな。で、誰がシルバー世代やねん! Feb 27 '14 at 14:23

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.