古くて、
パワーウインドーの窓が時々閉まらくなったり、
ヘッドライトが消えなくなったりして
困るので、
主人に早めに直してもらわなくてはなりません。

So far I have the following.

The car
is old and
it does things like the power windows sometimes become ...
and the headlights become not turning off and
it is a problem so
I have to have my husband fix it relatively early. 

I am confused by the 閉まらくなった. I would understand if it were 閉まらなくなった (become not closing). I am not sure if this was just a typo by my professor or whether it is some other structure.

closed as off-topic by snailcar Dec 17 '13 at 23:39

• This question does not appear to be about the Japanese language within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

This is almost certainly a typo of 閉まらなくなったり. – Darius Jahandarie Dec 15 '13 at 22:42
    I confirmed with my teacher. This was indeed a typo on his part. Thanks all. :) – Snowy Coder Girl Dec 17 '13 at 18:11
    Okay, I'm closing this question because it's about a typo that has no linguistic significance. – snailcar Dec 17 '13 at 23:39
  • I wasn't sure if it was a typo. My question was if it meant something. I would delete it, but you can't delete when there are answers. – Snowy Coder Girl Dec 19 '13 at 18:58

"stopped closing properly"

Please disregard if we are done with this question.

Typo aside, I still found the sentence to be rather long and unwieldy.

I wonder if this is just my bias as a native English speaker or was the original sentence eloquent and efficient in Japanese?

I know that many on this site dislike posing questions in an answer so perhaps I will remove this later to placate the ire of other users here, but I am interested in understanding the seeming discrepancy between my understanding of this sentence and how it might be working.

But maybe there was a period after ヘッドライトが消えなくなったりして and the OP did not post it?

Anyways, here is my loose translation attempt.

I believe i smudged the meaning a little in my attempt to make it sound like natural English.

My car is so old that I have this problem where sometimes the power windows don't close properly and the headlights don't turn off so I have to ask my husband to fix it for me soon.

There is so much information in one sentence that I found it to be more natural when divided in two:

My car is so old that I have this problem where sometimes the power windows don't close properly and the headlights don't turn off. So I have to ask my husband to fix it for me soon.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.