What do you call the small pieces of wood(?) where people write wishes on and hang them on some stand close to where you tie folded o-mikuji (おみくじ)? Or are they also called おみくじ?

Related question: Also, in some temples, there's also this little cabinet where you can put a lighted candle (I remember seeing one in a temple near Ueno Park). What do you call that?


1 I think it's [絵馬]{えま}.


2 Maybe [献灯台]{けんとうだい}?


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.