This question already has an answer here:

I'm attempting a translation of a video game manual, and it keeps using compounds like 名国 and 名街. This is not a game where you're able to name the places/characters, and the sentences where the words appear are talking about the places themselves, not the names of them. Has anyone seen this before or have an idea on what it means?

marked as duplicate by ssb, cypher, Dono, snailcar, Earthliŋ Feb 18 '13 at 2:35

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

I do not think that either 名国 or 名街 is a word in Japanese, and I suspect the possibility that the manual is either in Chinese or in broken Japanese. What are some sentences which include words 名国 and 名街? In some context (such as in word 名店), prefix 名 means “famous,” but I have never seen either 名国 or 名街 used with this meaning in Japanese. – Tsuyoshi Ito Feb 17 '13 at 21:57
    @Var Or perhaps you are misreading 各国 and 各街. – Zhen Lin Feb 17 '13 at 22:03
    @Zhen Lin: That sounds much more plausible! And I should have thought of it, given that there was one question on this website where the asker misread 各種 as 名種. – Tsuyoshi Ito Feb 17 '13 at 22:09

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.