As the title says. I've heard a lot people say they'd like to know how to say stuff like "where is the bathroom?" but never understood what of vocab knowledge would need, to properly understand the answer to that kind of question

I think you can answer this question even without knowing Japanese... The words needed to give directions in English ("left", "walk", "turn", "stairs", ...) are also necessary in Japanese. Besides, you can easily find example conversations for giving directions online, right?
    – naruto
    May 15 at 10:18
    I don't think this question can have a proper answer, because it completely depends on the situation. The answer could range anywhere from "Down there" to "You have to go through the health & beauty section and look for aisle number 56, then, turn right when you see the podium, and ask the staff to unlock the door for you. If you don't see anyone standing by the podium, then go out of the register and to the Customer Service where they'll be able to page someone for you over the phone."
    – dvx2718
    May 15 at 22:31

Browse other questions tagged .