Tag Info

Hot answers tagged


By ending the sentence like this, the speaker is implying he has something more to say. His wife died, his kids left home, and that may not be the end of his story. Or he may just want to add how sad he was. He may continue his story right after this sentence, but the remaining part may be simply omitted when it's obvious. 「明日映画に行こう。」「あー、今、お金がなくて…。」 ...


Looks to me to be just the て that joins clauses i.e. verb-A-て verb-B do verb-A and do verb-B or, during the act of verb-A, verb-B The latter option seems to work better here. Living in these times, we know that wickedness is increasing more and more.


You're seeing a verb which does not really exist there. 一旦【いったん】 is an adverb which means "once", "temporarily", or "for a moment".

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible