Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

A friend of mine asked me to give him a quick translation of an app he downloaded. One of the buttons in the main menu had this 名種設定 written. I wasn't able to find what it means.

share|improve this question

closed as too localized by cypher, Dono, Flaw, Tsuyoshi Ito, Earthliŋ Dec 18 '12 at 0:18

This question is unlikely to help any future visitors; it is only relevant to a small geographic area, a specific moment in time, or an extraordinarily narrow situation that is not generally applicable to the worldwide audience of the internet. For help making this question more broadly applicable, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

@cypher - How exactly is a question abot a word that is more then likely to be encountered in more then one application in Japanese, but still have no immidiate dictionary translation too localized? How can a question about a word in Japanese can even be too localized for a site that it's only goal is to answer questions about Japanese? –  Nescio Dec 17 '12 at 9:19
I've asked a question about this on meta –  cypher Dec 17 '12 at 20:28
I've deleted my comments on this thread and voted to reopen as a similar question was asked at japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/11247 today, and I think this a more common problem than I thought. –  cypher Feb 18 '13 at 0:41
add comment

1 Answer 1

up vote 4 down vote accepted

I think you might have confused 名種設定 for 各種設定, or "various settings".

share|improve this answer

yep, that's it. –  Nescio Dec 17 '12 at 9:20
@cypher san Ah! I couldn't recognize the difference, I was staring at this post for a minute or two. lol~~ –  Choko Dec 17 '12 at 9:47
add comment

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.