Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I am setting up a meeting agenda and of the items is "covering the items left over from last meeting".

I though something like "前回のミーティングの残件” Would have worked but it turns out that 残件 isn't a word and I have having trouble finding alternatives.

Any ideas?

share|improve this question
残件 does exist. –  oldergod Dec 11 '12 at 2:14
Would 未処理の~ work? –  Flaw Dec 11 '12 at 6:40
How about using [継続]{けいぞく}([案件]{あんけん})? ([持越]{もちこ}し案件 might sound a bit too colloquial for an agenda...) I think 残件 would be alright, too. –  Chocolate Dec 11 '12 at 12:14

What about 未解決の(用)件? –  istrasci Dec 11 '12 at 15:15

According to weblio it does exist. (ejje.weblio.jp/content/%E6%AE%8B%E4%BB%B6) Also, I fail at making inline links –  Nescio Jan 9 '13 at 12:30
add comment

1 Answer

up vote 6 down vote accepted

A Japanese here. 残件 is a totally appropriate word that would be correctly understood in a business setting. But boy, you are right, it's not in the dictionary!

If you insist on finding a word that's in the dictionary, I'd suggest 未決案件 or 未決事項. 未決 and 既決 are often used in a business set up (sometimes you see a box labeled), and 案件/事項 both refer vaguely to a thing, an issue, or a matter, making it usable in a broad context. Plus they are formal enough.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.