Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I want to learn Japanese Language by myself.

I googled around and there are some resources but due to the fact that I have absolutely no idea what I could be missing, I was looking for some well thought out answers about what learning materials will be a good start.

I have no previous experience in Japanese. I need something that's based or feedback, has a relatively slow pace and includes exercise materials. I prefer very lengthy courses.

My native language is Bengali.

share|improve this question

i think this is a q for the meta site. The answer is subjective but I would suggest "Japanese for busy people"( - you might find better advice on the meta site). –  Tim Aug 26 '12 at 7:28

For people who has down-voted this please, make an attempt to marge the information of this question : Resources for learning Japanese with FAQ. Would save someone else from trouble. –  iamcreasy Aug 26 '12 at 9:23
add comment

closed as off topic by cypher, jkerian, Dono, Flaw, Chris Harris Aug 26 '12 at 9:03

Questions on Japanese Language Stack Exchange are expected to relate to the Japanese language within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

1 Answer

The stackexchange network is designed for a very fairly specific question and answer format. Questions that don't have an authoritative or demonstrable answer aren't a good fit for sites like JLU. Because of this, I expect this question will be closed and/or moved to meta as soon as a moderator sees it.

You might be interested in looking at our resources list, a number of us have put this list together to share resources that we have found useful while studying Japanese.

In addition, I'd encourage you to drop by the chatroom, since we don't require the same focus there. (The chatroom is also considered to be the 'help area' for the resources list)

share|improve this answer
I was hoping someone would turn it into a community wiki. Lot of questions that aren't suited for direct answer get turned into that. Its not rare. –  iamcreasy Aug 26 '12 at 9:20
add comment

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.