Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I was just wondering the character shown in image is Japanese or not. If yes then can you please tell me the meaning of it.

enter image description here

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by jkerian Apr 7 at 8:55

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not provide a bulk translation service. See: We don't do translations." – jkerian
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I'd agree with what others are saying: it looks very much like a stylistic 隼(はやぶさ). In fact, here's a screen dump of the image with JWPce showing the Kanji detail next to it: – Jamie Taylor Jun 18 '12 at 12:04
@jkerian. Whoops looks like I got the names wrong. My bad. – Flaw Jun 18 '12 at 16:02

2 Answers 2

up vote 6 down vote accepted

Could it be 隼(はやぶさ)- falcon? Pretty certain about the top part, less sure about the bottom.

share|improve this answer

I have a feeling it says the same as the romaji directly below it, painted on the side of the bike:

The literal meaning can be looked up in any of the dictionaries listed on our resources page, like this for example.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.