Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I am new to learning the Japanese language. I am a bit confused about the difference between 希望{きぼう} and 気持{きも}ち.

Can someone please explain the difference between them and show how to use them in a sentence?

share|improve this question
They are entirely different words. Perhaps you could provide examples of where you faced difficulty differentiating them? –  Flaw Apr 30 '12 at 9:03

@Flaw: Thanks for the reply.But I really don't get any example related to it.Thats why I haven't quoted that out. –  Shashank_Itmaster Apr 30 '12 at 9:17
Perhaps include those examples that you "don't get" in the main question body? –  Flaw Apr 30 '12 at 9:18
As Flaw says, they're different words, so right now the only thing we could do to answer this question is to quote the dictionary entries for these two words (something you could look up yourself). If you give us a little more info on where you're struggling, someone can address that area specifically. –  ジョン Apr 30 '12 at 9:45
add comment

1 Answer

up vote 2 down vote accepted

"Hope" (or "wish") and "feeling" are different words.

So this is like asking, what is the difference between "apple" and "bread", and can you show this in a sentence.

(Are you sure you don't mean: what is the difference between 感じ (kanji) and 気持ち?)

share|improve this answer

Thanks for the @Kaz.I got your point man. –  Shashank_Itmaster May 11 '12 at 7:39
add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.