Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I am usually confused if I am going to use 入れます or 付けます when specifying that I attached something to the email.

For example:

最新の帳票サンプルを添付して入れます。

or

最新の帳票サンプルを添付して付けます。

I would usually say that I am usually trying to say that the assigned task is finished the finished output is attached to the mail. Is it more natural to say 付け (attached) or 入れ (in the mail)?

share|improve this question
Besides your point, the two sentences are ungrammatical. 1. You can't use for the object in this case. 2. It is not clear what role 添付に is playing. –  sawa Feb 21 '12 at 5:39
Yeah, maybe s/he tried to say 最新の帳票サンプルが添付ファイルに入っています/ 最新の帳票サンプルが添付ファイルに付けてあります。(but these are still unnatural, no...?) –  Chocolate Feb 21 '12 at 5:46
@sawa Ok. Correcting the grammar of sample sentence. –  Nap Feb 21 '12 at 5:49
add comment

1 Answer

I think we usually use the verb '[添付]{てんぷ}する'.
~を添付します。/~を添付しております。/~を添付させていただいております。etc...
Or maybe you could say
~を添付ファイルにて送信させていただきます。/~を添付ファイルで送らせていただきます。/~を添付ファイルにて送信させていただきますのでご確認ください。(Hmm, too polite?)

share|improve this answer

+1 Can never learn something too polite, all depends on who you're emailing :D –  crunchyt Feb 22 '12 at 3:00

@crunchyt-san Ah good to hear that, thanks. Yeah most of my examples above might be good for business use. –  Chocolate Feb 22 '12 at 8:24

What happened to 添付いたします? –  Bathrobe Feb 22 '12 at 10:07

@Bathrobe-san, Oh yes you're right. Then 添付いたしております will also work, no? –  Chocolate Feb 22 '12 at 10:42
add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.