Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Today I was getting help from someone behind a counter and when I had handed in my form and shown my ID, I wasn't sure if I needed to do anything else, or if I was free to go. Usually in that situation I say something like "いいですか?" and the employee quickly lets me know if I'm still needed.

But this time the employee asked me "いいですか?" before I had the chance. I took that to mean that we were finished and he wanted to know if I needed anything else, which was fine, except that I wasn't sure how to respond. I wanted to say that if the form was in order, then I didn't need anything else. I guess I'm looking for a way to politely ask "Are we done?" in Japanese.

share|improve this question
It is hard for me to imagine the situation where someone hands the form and shows the ID to an employee behind a counter and the employee asks “いいですか.” –  Tsuyoshi Ito Feb 16 '12 at 1:15

Well, he helped me finish filling out the form and we had talked about which copy goes to whom, etc, and then he picked up his papers and I picked up my papers and there was a pause. This is the point at which I wanted to ask him "いいですか。", but he said it instead. (He may have said something else that I didn't notice, but I don't think so.) I interpreted it as something like "Will there be anything else?" –  infinitecardinal Feb 17 '12 at 13:35

2 Answers 2

I think a simple 「大丈夫です。」would fit nicely in this situation.

share|improve this answer
That's not really a question though... –  silvermaple Feb 15 '12 at 23:04

A rather straightforward sentence might work:

他に何かありますか。

Literally asking if there's anything else.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.