Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I started learning Japanese when I was in high school as a hobby but have limited time now that I am working full time, what books or programs would you suggest for someone wanting to learn Beginning/Intermediate Japanese.

Also are there groups that one can join that would allow me to practice with others so as to expand my understanding and help me retain the vocabulary?

Thanks for any input you may have it is greatly appreciated.

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams, Dave M G, cypher, Louis, istrasci Feb 3 '12 at 15:07

Questions on Japanese Language Stack Exchange are expected to relate to the Japanese language within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Have you tried lang-8? –  Choko Feb 3 '12 at 6:02

I'm very sorry, but this is off topic for the site. –  Dave M G Feb 3 '12 at 6:16

No, what is it? –  Necromnius Feb 3 '12 at 6:16
名前がやばいとか・・?Death for you allっていうとこ。。。ごめん No offense meant –  Choko Feb 3 '12 at 6:42
Asking for recommendations on learning resources is off topic. This site is not for open discussions on how to learn the language, it's for specific questions about the language. Look at these similar questions that were closed for the same reason: japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/8/… japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/4067/… japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/4413/… –  Dave M G Feb 3 '12 at 9:31

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.