Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Could somebody tell me what the Japanese text in the screengrab below says? Unfortunately, I only have a picture, not the text itself, and have insufficient knowledge of Japanese to accurately reproduce it as text.

Alt:Image of the Screengrab

I hope I am not asking a question that is inappropriate for this Stack Exchange. If I am, I apologise.

share|improve this question
It says, ポケモンをねかしつけていません. –  Zhen Lin Jan 16 '12 at 10:33
@Zhen Lin: Google Translate translates that as "Pokemon does not Nekashitsuke". This is not sufficiently well translated. –  Hammerite Jan 16 '12 at 10:43

Where is the screengrab ... –  fefe Jan 16 '12 at 11:08
@Hammerite. Japanese Stack Exchange is not meant for translation requests. Please try other sites or use our Chat function for matters not belonging in the main site (like translations). –  Flaw Jan 16 '12 at 12:05
add comment

closed as off topic by Tsuyoshi Ito, cypher, sawa, fefe, Dave M G Jan 18 '12 at 3:37

Questions on Japanese Language Stack Exchange are expected to relate to the Japanese language within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

1 Answer

up vote 2 down vote accepted

You have to know about Pokemon to translate this one. It literally means something like 'You have not got Pokemon to go to sleep'.

share|improve this answer

I would have guessed "You don't have any Pokémon resting (here)," actually. –  Zhen Lin Jan 16 '12 at 12:16

I don't know Pokemon, so I can only guess. But ねかしつける means 'to put to bed, put to sleep'. Because there is an を here, it means there is an unmentioned subject, but it would probably mean 'you' in the context. –  Bathrobe Jan 17 '12 at 6:00
add comment

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.