Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Is the pronunciation of 対応済 たいおうすみ or たいおうずみ ?

Context: Software

Example:

ユーザが押したときに問題が起こらないように対応済
share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

up vote 9 down vote accepted

It is たいおうずみ. More generally, the suffix 済 or 済み is read as ずみ. This is an example of rendaku.

share|improve this answer
Thanks! It was a basic question, but strangely I could not find the answer on Google nor ALC. Sometimes rendaku is not applied, so I am never really sure for new composite words. –  Nicolas Raoul Nov 17 '11 at 2:08
@Nicolas: You may want to wait for a while before accepting my answer, because someone may be able to provide a verifiable answer. I do not have any dictionary which shows the pronunciation of 対応済, but I suspect that NHK日本語発音アクセント辞典 may contain the pronunciation of it. –  Tsuyoshi Ito Nov 17 '11 at 2:20

I realized that suffix 済 does not change its pronunciation depending on the word it is attached to, and therefore it was much easier to answer the question with a verifiable source. –  Tsuyoshi Ito Nov 17 '11 at 23:02

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.