I would like to know some natural phrases for describing that a project is running along smoothly. This is what I can think of but there may be better expressions.

最近のプロジェクトは着々と進んでいます。

最近のプロジェクトはとても進歩しています。

最近のプロジェクトはうまく行っています。

Also, I'm looking for phrases that express there was a great deal of progress today.

今日はプロジェクトがだいぶ進みましたよ。

今日はプロジェクトがとても進歩しましたよ。

Any help on phrases, verbs, or adjectives (to express "progressed significantly") would be helpful!

2 Answers 2

Just took a look on the thesaurus here or here for some ideas.

順調{じゅんちょう}です。 It's going well.

イメージ通{どお}り進{すす}んでいます。 It's going as planned

今日{きょう}は調子{ちょうし}が良{よ}さそうです。 Today's pace is looking good.

作業{さぎょう}が捗{はかど}っています。 Tasks are making progress.

• Thanks! Two questions - Would it be OK to use "~調子がいいです” without the "~そう" or is this too direct? Also, could 作業 refer to a single task, including things like software development?
    – Locksleyu
    May 20, 2016 at 18:19
  • @Locksleyu I think 調子がいいです is totally fine :). As for 作業, I'm not sure... I always thing of it as "things to do" or "tasks" but have never counted them as single things.
    – ishikun
    May 20, 2016 at 18:51
  • @Locksleyu Scratch that, you can count 作業s as in 「一つの作業」etc
    – ishikun
    May 20, 2016 at 18:52
  • Hmm, so tasks can make progress? Like, not the people that are working on them but the tasks themselves?
    – kuchitsu
    May 20, 2016 at 20:20
  • @kuchitsu I think it's one of those hidden subjects, I don't know the proper grammar term, but a google search for 作業が捗る shows results :).
    – ishikun
    May 20, 2016 at 23:13

着々と進んでいます and うまく行っています sound good to me. You'd usually use 進展/進行 rather than 進歩 for a project (プロジェクト/計画/事業/仕事/学習/課題?). For "The project is going smoothly," I would probably say like:

「{[目下]{もっか}/現在}、プロジェクトは{着々と/順調に/計画通り}進んでいます。」
「{目下/現在}、プロジェクトは{着々と/順調に/計画通り}{進行中です/進行しています}。」
「プロジェクトはうまく行っています。」

「今日はプロジェクトがだいぶ進みましたよ。」 sounds good to me. Here I would use 進展 or 前進 instead of 進歩. So, for "There was a great deal of progress today" I think you could say like:

「今日はプロジェクトが{だいぶ/かなり/ずいぶん}進みましたよ。」
「今日はプロジェクトが{大きく/著しく/だいぶ/かなり/ずいぶん}{進展/前進}しましたよ。」
「今日はプロジェクトに{大きな/著しい}{進展/前進}が{ありました/見られました}よ。」

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .