Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I'm sure this is a translation of a haiku but I'm not able to find the original text or even the author.

As the sun

goes down the birds

land one by one.

I've been trying to Google it but can't seem to find anything.

Thanks

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Amanda S Aug 26 '11 at 0:15

Questions on Japanese Language Stack Exchange are expected to relate to the Japanese language within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

What is the question? –  user458 Aug 25 '11 at 22:50

Sorry, without more context, there is no reason to believe this is related to the Japanese language. –  Amanda S Aug 26 '11 at 0:16

@JudoWill : what is kanji of haiku?That is はいく【俳句】? 「俳句」a haiku means a Japanese poem of seventeen syllables [in 5‐7‐5 syllabic form] –  ZarNge Aug 26 '11 at 6:34