I often see in Japanese business letters ご確認ください。what and how do I use this phrase?

• Do you know what it means? (That is, have you looked up 確認 in a dictionary?)
    – Earthliŋ
    Sep 11, 2015 at 23:04
  • Even basic online dictionaries will tell you what this means... Do you have any of your own working to show? Sep 14, 2015 at 5:44

3 Answers 3

An important thing to note in real-life usage of this phrase is that sometimes it does not ask for any explicit reaction or response.

Obviously, if the sender is bringing up a problem that needs to be dealt with, or if something is awaiting your explicit approval, ご確認ください will mean Please look into this and do something about it or Please confirm and reply. Frequently this call to action is written a little more explicitly as ご確認願います / ご確認よろしくお願いします.

In other situations, ご確認ください can simply mean Please take note that I did something. For example, the sender may have attached an itinerary that does not call for your input. Or maybe the sender has sent a photo you asked for. In this case, the sender does not expect a response at all.

Some inane emails may even go as far as to use ご確認ください and よろしくお願いします interchangeably. In such extreme cases, this means nothing more than a Regards at the end of the letter.

ご確認ください means "please have a careful look at the case, and I am looking forward your response."

ご確認ください is a little respectful than 確認してください and more respectful than 確認してくれる; ご確認いただく is a little respectful than 確認していただくand more respectful than 確認してもらう

subject of 確認してください :You ; subject of確認してもらう:I or we

• Thanks very much ,I am not good at English,so i usually misundertand Thankyou for you advice
    – Tinki
    Sep 12, 2015 at 6:25
  • "ご確認ください is a little respectful than 確認してください and more respectful than 確認してくれる" >> But ご確認ください and 確認してください mean "Please confirm" while 確認してくれる means "to (kindly) confirm (for me)". Did you mean to type 「確認してくれ」?
    – chocolate
    Sep 15, 2015 at 4:14

"Please verify" or "please confirm"

Kakunin = confirmation

go kakunin = your (honored/respected) confirmation

go kakunin kudasai = please deign to give your honored confirmation or "please check this."

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .