Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Soon I am leaving my job and I would like to leave an e-mail for future correspondence with my colleagues. How do I write in Japanese something like "Please direct all your future correspondence to my private email"?

I could go with some simple expression like: 今からメールをemailへ書いていただけますか, but there probably exist better ways to express it.

Thank you!

share|improve this question
add comment

1 Answer

up vote 3 down vote accepted

今後何かありましたら、my email のほうにメールをお願いします。

How does that sound?

share|improve this answer

This one is okay, is not what is asked in your question. It is requesting a mail to that email address in case something happens. It does not mean "If you are to send an email to me, please direct it to <my email>." –  sawa Aug 11 '11 at 2:42
Sounds good. Many consider "ほうに" to be incorrect 敬語 though, so my suggestion would be "今後何かありましたら、My emailまでメールをお願いします。" –  Enno Shioji Aug 11 '11 at 2:43

@sawa: I want to say that in case anybody needs something or will need to contact me (any future correspondence whatsoever) they can reach me at my private e-mail, since I will not have the company e-mail anymore. It's a standard practice where I come from to do so, so when an employee leaves a company, other people still have a means to communicate with him. Do you know of a good way to communicate this (other than what I wrote above)? –  Grega Kešpret Aug 11 '11 at 2:53
add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.