Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

コラム書かなきゃ。映像チェックしなきゃ。アレも書かなきゃ。アレも考えなきゃ。バタバタバタ子さん(´・_・`)

Everything make sense to me except for the last part.

share|improve this question
add comment

1 Answer

up vote 6 down vote accepted

バタバタ is an onomatopoeia expressing busyness. Usually, a Japanese onomatopoeia repeats a two-mora part (like バタ) twice, four morae in total, but here, it is repeated thrice.

share|improve this answer

Does 子 here mean that he is referring to himself as a girl, or as a child? –  language hacker Jul 27 '11 at 19:52

I think it's a boy because I know who this is. What makes you think he's a girl? –  language hacker Jul 27 '11 at 20:30
The 子 ending. If it is not a boy, then he's trying to look childish, I guess. –  sawa Jul 27 '11 at 20:39

Would a boy normally ever use that ending when referring to himself, or only girls? This person likes to wear female clothing. –  language hacker Jul 27 '11 at 20:40
If you know the person, why don't you ask him what he meant? –  Axioplase Jul 28 '11 at 3:04
show 1 more comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.