Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Saw this on twitter:

A: マオにゃん、シドギャの彼女が出来ない僕に一言くれたら幸いです ...

B: 付き合った後に染めちゃえ

What is 染めちゃえ here?

share|improve this question
judging from your last question, you already know alot of japanese, so you should state what you know already. Like "i know that Someru means to dye or color and chae is for shimau, but it doesn't make sense in this context." –  Mark Hosang Jul 20 '11 at 4:23
tweets are extremely out of context. And I personnaly don't want JLU to become a tweet translation service. Please find an appropriate way to ask questions, showing efforts from your side, or an appropriate website to ask them. –  Axioplase Jul 20 '11 at 5:28

I agree with Axioplase. You should at least remove the facemarks and other symbols that are not used in normal Japanese unless you think it is crucial for interpreting the sentence. –  sawa Jul 20 '11 at 5:32
I agree with Mark that you should offer your knowledge by starting the translation, for things that you already understand. But I don't see anything bad with tweets (provided context is given), it is not like JLU is overflowed with questions... –  Nicolas Raoul Jul 20 '11 at 6:51

1 Answer 1

up vote 8 down vote accepted

Just an idea: Maybe it means that someone has been in contact with X for so long that they have been influenced?

Like a white shirt would get a bit blue if you wash it together with blue clothes. A metaphor that can be found in French with "déteindre".

share|improve this answer
This sounds right. Basically "just date any old girl and convert her into a Sid fan" –  rintaun Jul 20 '11 at 8:16

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.