Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Do you keep a list of set phrases that you use often, or phrases that you'd use someday? I do. Here's mine, a list of phrases I've collected from work emails since three years ago.

Such a list, while seldom shared, can help us learn useful phrases from real world examples.

If you care to share, great! Please post your list as an answer, or a link to your list if it's more than a few. Also please add a word or two about its usage context. Something along the line of:

Example >

My list of conversation openers (childcare industry)

Most used:

• おはようさぎ... - Morning rabbit
  • こんばんわに... - G'night alligator

Full list: [link to external content]

< Example

Note to future readers: those lists should tend to be void of actual context. If you're unsure about its usage, it's a good idea to post a question about it!

Suggestions welcome if this question itself needs reframing.

share|improve this question

It would be cool if you would add some furigana and/or english to the list. –  Herr K Jul 13 '11 at 18:16

Hey @ento: maybe a little more direction would help? Also: it would be a good idea to copy paste the content of your link into this post (perhaps adding some comments: might inspire more answers). I'm honestly not sure where we stand on these open-ended questions at the moment (meta is an endless mess on this). At any rate, I have turned it into a CW. –  Dave Jul 13 '11 at 23:57

Very interesting and useful question. Thanks for sharing. @Nicolas too –  repecmps Jul 14 '11 at 2:53

btw what do you mean by "killer phrases"? –  Pacerier Jul 14 '11 at 3:42
@HerrKaleun I'll take that into account when I re-organize it next time, which should be very soon. Thanks! –  ento Jul 14 '11 at 18:11

2 Answers 2

My favourite is "あ?そうですか?ごめんね!韓国人だと思ったんです!". I'm pretty sure you'll find the occasion to use it (at your own risks) too :)

share|improve this answer

Here is my list (please ignore the French translations lol).
Suggestions/corrections welcome!

それでは、水曜日の3時にお邪魔させて頂いても宜しいでしょうか? OK, alors je viens chez vous mercredi a 3h ?

電話でお話していた件、 添付ファイルでお送り致します。 Comme convenu au telephone, je vous envoie le fichier

前回、必要であれば、あと一回伺うことになっておりましたが、いかがでしょうか? もし必要があれば、ご都合の良い時間をご指定ください。 si necessaire, je peux venir chez vous encore une fois. si necessaire, dites-moi le temps qui vous convient.

昨日、XX様からメールいただきAlfrescoの開発サポートに関する訪問は必要ないとのことでしたが、 必要であればActive Directoryの調査のために伺うことも可能です。 こちらについては必要があれば、ご都合の良い時間をご指定ください。 Hier, XX m'a dit que le support dev n'est pas necessaire mais, si necessaire je peux faire du support Active Directory. si necessaire, dites-moi le temps qui vous convient.

金曜日に御社にてコードレビューをさせていただけますでしょうか。 Je peux faire une revue de code dans vos locaux vendredi ?

よろしければ、ご都合の良い時間をご指定ください。 Si OK, dites-moi quel creneau horaire vous convient.

これで全ての成果物をお送り致しましたので、問題がないかご確認下さい。 Je vous envoie le fichier avec tous les deliverables, donc verifiez si c'est OK.

皆様(Bccで失礼します。) Mesdames messieurs, desole pour le BCC

本日の17:00に御社にお伺いいたします。 je viendrai a 17h

最後まで完了せず、2.2.7までのアップグレードのみが完了となっております。 Sans aller jusqu'au bout, j'ai seulement upgradé à 2.2.7

問題を調査し、改めてご連絡いたします。 je vais investiguer le problème et vous recontacter

もし都合が悪い方がいらっしゃいましたら、ニコラまでご連絡ください。 si des personnes pensent que ca ne va pas, me contacter SVP

merci d'être venu chez nous 本日は弊社までお越しいただきありがとうございました。

share|improve this answer

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.