Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Does anyone know if an IME for Japanese exists which is based on the shapes of characters rather than the pronunciation. For example, I have been using Cang Jie for Chinese input recently and find it is helpful in remembering how to write characters. I was hoping I could do the same for Japanese.

Thank you :D

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by istrasci, virmaior, Earthliŋ, Yang Muye, rintaun Jul 23 '14 at 17:23

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions seeking learning resources are off-topic here, but may already be answered by our list of Resources for learning Japanese." – istrasci, virmaior, Earthliŋ, Yang Muye, rintaun
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

I don't think this is a question about learning resources, but I think it's more of a technology question than a language question. – Ataraxia Jul 23 '14 at 16:47

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.