Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

私は大抵七時十五分に起きます

Would this be a correct way to say 'I usually get up at 7.15'? Not sure 大抵 is correctly placed before the time+に

share|improve this question
What would make you think that this sentence is correct/natural? What would make you think that this sentence is incorrect/unnatural? I think you could ask a much better question than provide one translation of a sentence and asking if it is correct. You could, for example, look up different ways of saying "usually" and ask how to choose among those. As it stands, the question will likely get closed as a translation check/request without prior research effort. –  Earthliŋ Jul 7 at 15:44

My textbook says に is used with specific times,days,etc but not with frequency words, so I'm not sure if it can be placed in that position in the sentence, right before the time+に –  Daniel Jul 7 at 15:47

I see. Could you revise your question to include your explanation? Also, since you're asking about に, I would remove the [phrase] tag and add [particle-ni] and [grammar]. –  Earthliŋ Jul 7 at 15:59

1 Answer 1

up vote 5 down vote accepted

Yes, you can place frequency words like たいてい, いつも, 普通, 普段 etc. before "time+に".

私はたいてい7時15分に起きます。
私は[普通]{ふつう}7時15分に起きます。
私は[普段]{ふだん}7時15分に起きます。
etc.

For more examples, see Weblio辞書usuallyを含む例文一覧

share|improve this answer

ありがとう for the clear answer :) –  Daniel Jul 8 at 6:25

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.