Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

What does 玉ヒュン mean?

It seems to have something to do with not experiencing fear of heights.

Context (posted on social media with a picture taken vertiginous height):

女だけど玉ヒュン!

share|improve this question
こういうのググればすぐわかるよ。netyougo.com/slang/6828.html , dic.nicovideo.jp/a/… etc –  Ash Jul 4 at 16:14

@Ash 高いとこから下見ると、ホントにキ○タ○って「ヒュン!」ってなるの?? –  Choko Jul 5 at 18:02

@Ash: I haven't found any definition in the first page of Google. Now that I search again, I can find your netyougo link (10th result) but it does not use the same spelling that's why I dismissed it. –  Nicolas Raoul Jul 7 at 2:27

@NicolasRaoul 「玉ヒュン 意味」で検索すればいろいろ出ますよ。 –  Ash Jul 7 at 2:41
@Choko んー俺はならないな(笑) –  Ash Jul 7 at 2:42
show 1 more comment

1 Answer 1

up vote 5 down vote accepted

It's kind of a crude term, so my answer here will be kind of crude, haha. I hope that's okay.

Ever heard a guy say, after seeing something like a video of somebody climbing a tall tower or something, that they felt fear? And that they felt it in their testicles?
玉ヒュン basically means that.

玉【たま】 here is a kanji-fied shortening of キンタマ, a colloquialism for 睾丸【こうがん】 (testicles). ヒュン is a sort of sound effect -- like something whizzing past you. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how the ヒュン comes into effect here, but... it makes for something that's kind of fun to say, haha.

Basically what she's saying here is "[I got so scared that] I felt it in my balls, and I'm a woman!"

share|improve this answer
add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.