Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I do not understand this 「指摘しない程度に」 .

It appears in advertisements and also I received a letter, an answer to my Q and I just don't get it:

これで本人が力みもなくちゃんと演奏出来るのであれば、わざわざ指摘しない程度にきちんと構えられていますよ!

share|improve this question

It would probably be faster if I just answered rather than leaving a comment since it is an easy question, but how is this question any better than the other "translation" questions that get closed? –  非回答者 Jun 17 at 7:13

@非回答者 The question has only been around for 40 minutes or so. It takes time for close voters to show up and vote to close a question. You have more than enough reputation to cast close votes; if you think this should be closed because it is a translation request, you can do so. –  senshin Jun 17 at 7:34

On the flip side, if you think this question is OK to answer, by all means go ahead and do so. –  ssb Jun 17 at 9:51
I don't think this deserves to be immediately closed because where and why OP got stuck is specific and almost self-explanatory. However, I have difficulty figuring out what is said here with 100% confidence. Is this a real ad? And what's this ad for, maybe a wearable device or something to correct the posture of musicians? –  naruto Jun 17 at 11:46

1 Answer 1

To be blunt, this was probably written by someone with poor writing skills. I would correct it at least to:

これで本人が、力みもなくちゃんと演奏出来るのであれば、わざわざ指摘する必要のない程度にきちんと構えられていますよ!

This'd still not be particularly well written.

I think the intention is better expressed e.g. like this:

本人がこれで力みもなく演奏出来るのであれば、ある程度きちんと構えられていると思うので、わざわざ指摘する必要はないかと思います

share|improve this answer

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.