Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

How to call a picture where due to a camera handling error or inopportune subject move, the subject is not at the intended place (for instance center of the picture), but instead at the edge of the picture, or even out of the picture.

For instance, I take a picture of someone but the camera slips in my hand and the resulting picture has the head of the person cut off.

In French it is called "erreur de cadrage".

If there is no such word, how to call the action of rotating the camera to place the subject at the intended place in the picture?

I would say "フレーミング失敗" but I guess it does not sound natural.

enter image description here

share|improve this question

I may be wrong but I think this question is asking for translation without an attempt to translate and thus is off-topic. –  Szymon Apr 27 at 9:25
@Szymon: Fixed. –  Nicolas Raoul Apr 27 at 9:44

1 Answer 1

up vote 8 down vote accepted

「フレーミングミス」?

In normal conversation you'd say 「(足が)切れてる。」or「(頭が)切れちゃった」.

share|improve this answer

見切れる can be taken into account, too. –  user4092 Apr 28 at 9:05

@user4092 「見切れる」は初めて聞きます。写真の専門用語でしょうか? –  Choko Apr 28 at 9:14

もしかすると専門用語・業界用語のたぐいかもしれません。自分自身どこで聞き知ったかわかりません。It might be a kind of jargon. I'm not sure myself where I caught it. –  user4092 Apr 29 at 6:36

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.