Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I'm just wondering what does the word "ぶつまね" (or also ぶつ真似 as turned up by a google search) mean? I tried guessing from the context of some 10 example sentences but still can't come up with the meaning of the word.

My original sentence is this one:

「先輩っ。ひっかけ問題はひどいです」ぶつまねをするテトラちゃん。

The girl in question is tricked into answering "yes" to a question of whether a given calculation is correct. The answer she had been given is almost right except for a single number in it.

Thank you in advance.

Example sentences http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/examples/jn2/193338/m0u/

share|improve this question

ぶつ 真似 ≒ たたくフリ?? –  Choko Mar 15 at 6:49
That sentence doesn't appear to contain the word you're asking about... What was the sentence it appeared in? –  snailboat Mar 15 at 8:05

Oh, I forgot the relevant part in my own example. It's actually 「先輩っ。ひっかけ問題はひどいです」ぶつまねをするテトラちゃん。 –  DancefloorTsunderella Mar 15 at 15:25

1 Answer 1

up vote 4 down vote accepted

It is two words ---「ぶつ」 + 「まね/真似」

"Verb + まね" = "pretending to 'Verb'"

ぶつ means "to hit", "to punch", etc.

Thus, 「ぶつまね」 means "(giving) a mock punch"

If, indeed, 「ぶつまね」 were one word as you claim, I would have no idea what that could mean (and I am a native speaker.)

share|improve this answer

なるほど。言われるとそうですね…ありがとうございます! なんで最初その分け方をしなかったんだろう、私。(笑) –  DancefloorTsunderella Mar 15 at 15:35

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.