Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I know the form ている, but is there any other form like just てる without an い between ?

This is the sentence that I'm confused with : 写真の右に写って小物が気になります。なんやろね?

share|improve this question
it's a colloquial ている. –  virmaior Mar 9 '14 at 17:03

1 Answer 1

It' a colloquial -ている.

Maybe my ears deceive me but I often hear younger children producing it in that way. It's also how I formed it for quite some time when I first started learning Japanese.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.