Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I'm trying to translate a game from Japanese to English, but I cannot figure this one out. I know a lot of different forms of laughter, but this one escapes me. I've been looking for about an hour and a half online, and still can't find an example. Can someone point me in the right direction here?

Edit: I believe it is either "Tee-hee-hee", "wahahaha", or "heheheh". I just need to know which is best.

share|improve this question

closed as primarily opinion-based by Flaw, Blavius, user3856370, Eiríkr Útlendi, Szymon Nov 16 at 3:52

Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Uh, I'll go with "hehehe". – istrasci Mar 8 '14 at 17:04
But the Fu (フ) before it, and the context in-game, indicate a sort of "inside joke", so wouldn't it be something like "tee-hee-hee", "heheh", or "wahahaha"? I'm trying to make an accurate translation, so which one of those would be better? – Maq Mar 8 '14 at 17:19
Oh, and the text I'm translating is "ですが、それには条件がございます… フヒヒヒ", which is "But, there are conditions for it... [laugh]" – Maq Mar 8 '14 at 17:28
not sure how to simulate the sound affect but it sounds like a snigger. – Tim Mar 9 '14 at 1:50
Unless you are asking what nuance フヒヒヒ carries, this sounds more like a question about English, not about Japanese. – Kohsuke Kawaguchi Mar 26 '14 at 6:15

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.