Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I have two small japanese paintings with words on them.

Can anyone help me with translation? Thank you so much.

enter image description here enter image description here

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by Dono, Earthliŋ, Hyperworm, istrasci, virmaior Feb 18 at 1:04

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not provide a bulk translation service. See: We don't do translations." – Dono, Earthliŋ, Hyperworm, istrasci, virmaior
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

1 Answer 1

The left image should be turned over. It reads 細香寫. 細 means slender, fine, thin. 香 means fragrance, perfume. 寫 or 写 means copy, write, photo. In all, I can't decipher its meaning. The right image is not turned over. Its upper character reads 耕 cultivate. Its lower character I can't read.

share|improve this answer
could it be a version of 園? –  ssb Feb 17 at 13:15

It might also be a seal script-y version of 安 in a box, though the line under the roof is odd. –  Sjiveru Feb 17 at 20:30

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.