Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

In English, we call footage that plays after the credits of a movie a "stinger". See, for example, the wiktionary entry, definition 8:

A scene shown on films or television shows after the credits.

What would you call this in Japanese? I guess you could describe it as エンドロールの後の映像, but is there a more concise / punchier way of referring to it?

share|improve this question
"is there a more concise / punchier way of referring to it?" And if there is, how widely used/known is it? Because I've never heard 'stinger' used like that before in English! –  Ash Feb 13 at 12:53

@Ash I've heard it a fair bit in my corner of the US, and it sees use on sites like mediastinger. –  senshin Feb 13 at 20:49

@Ash: I've heard it, but only because I've stumbled across the same Wikipedia entry. Kind of reminds me of xkcd.com/978 –  Kaji Mar 24 at 15:03

1 Answer 1

up vote 6 down vote accepted

It is usually called 「おまけカット」.

When it consists of bloopers, it is called 「[NG集]{エヌジーしゅう}」.

share|improve this answer

おまけカットって初めて聞きました。よう知ってはりますねえ。さすが年の功・・・ –  Choko Feb 27 at 13:36
俳優やもん、これぐらい知ってまんがな。で、誰がシルバー世代やねん! –  非回答者 Feb 27 at 14:23

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.