Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

これだから女ってやつは移ろいやすいったらねえ

"That's why girls are so variable". I guess.

What about ったらねえ? I found that ったら you can use when you tired of repeating yourself or when you are exasperated with somebody for not listening to you. So what would ったらねえ mean?

share|improve this question

Related: japanese.stackexchange.com/q/6772/1478 –  snailboat Dec 31 '13 at 0:39

1 Answer 1

up vote 3 down vote accepted

〜ねえ is a colloquial form of 〜ない, and 〜といったらない is a fixed phrase meaning "very" or "extremely".

share|improve this answer
Can we automatically call a translation "meaning"? I never think of "very" or "extremely" when I say ったらねえ or といったらない in real life as a Japanese-speaker. All I think of is "There is no way to express ~~." –  非回答者 Dec 30 '13 at 0:22
@TokyoNagoya I cite デジタル大辞泉: (「…といったらない」の形で)程度が、これ以上に…なことはない、極めて…だ、の意を表す。 –  Zhen Lin Dec 30 '13 at 1:09
@TokyoNagoya: Thank for your comment: I was aware of the definitions but I have always felt it to be "There is no way to express ~~." and wondered why this not included in the explanations available. –  Tim Dec 30 '13 at 7:44

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.