Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I need help with a very easy sentence that for some reason I just can't seem to get right. I hate when this happens.

I'll be visiting Osaka next week and I can't think of a natural sounding way to tell a friend "By the way, I'll be in Osaka next week for a few days so let's go grab a drink or something."

ところで、来週は数日間大阪へ行くことになったから、よかったら飲みでもに行こうか?

I know this would get the meaning across but I need to know what's the most normal/natural sounding way to say it. I've known this person for quite some time now so feel free to use conversational Japanese.

share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

I believe it would be more correct to say 飲みにでも[行かない]{LLLH}?.

1. にでも sounds more natural/correct to me than でもに for reasons I can't explain.
  2. Since the whole clause is new information to your friend, you need the "suggestiveness" of the いかない・いきませんか instead of the more "decisive" 行こう.
  3. よかったら sounds a little too stiff for a close friend. I'd go with something like ひまなら or 時間あったら.
  4. I think the 数日間 is unnecessary.
share|improve this answer

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.