Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

When one of my girlfriend asked her friend, if he is in Osaka now, he said "yes, that's right" (in japanese) and then "さすがお尻マイスター".

I didn't understand it, but I didn't ask her or him back either. Now when I google it, さすが means "just what one would expect", お尻 is "butt" and マイスター is "Meister" in Katakana.

But what does the combination of さすが お尻 マイスター mean?

I don't even understand the direct translation: "Just what I / you would expect from butt master". Can someone help me or explain it to me?

share|improve this question
Actually, マイスター is Meister in katakana. ;) (マスター does exist as well...) –  Earthliŋ Jun 26 '13 at 17:15

@Earthling: Oh yes, of course. But Meister is "master", so... :) –  Maria Jun 26 '13 at 18:03
@summea Oh, I mean, my female friend asked her friend. Sorry, sorry. –  Maria Jun 26 '13 at 18:05
It doesn't sound like it means anything sensible to me - it's probably an 'in joke'. –  Billy Jun 26 '13 at 22:15

1 Answer 1

In all likelihood it's a reference to some inside joke that he and she would understand. おしりマイスター isn't exactly standard fare in greetings between friends so you can assume that something that "out there" will have a special significance to those in the know.

If you find out why your (girl?)friend is the butt master feel free to let us know.

share|improve this answer

There are a number of Google results for "お尻マイスター", but after coming across an illustrated website about body fat reduction I'm not sure I want to find out... –  Earthliŋ Jun 27 '13 at 2:54

I only see someone's twitter and a niconico page.. what else are you finding? –  ssb Jun 27 '13 at 2:59

That number is about 60. –  snailboat Jun 27 '13 at 3:00

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.