Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

The sentence is ヘニャッってなりたくなる. I can't find its meaning.

share|improve this question
Could you provide context for this expression? ヘニャッ is some sort of onomatopoeia, whose meaning or English equivalent is dependent on context. –  Earthliŋ Apr 29 '13 at 0:03

これかも・・・ kajunko.blog100.fc2.com/blog-date-20130423.html (違ったらゴメン!) –  Choko Apr 29 '13 at 0:11

@Chocolate それを読んで意味が分かるの?僕の感覚では頭や肩の動きだと想像してるけど、日本人はどう感じるのかな。 –  Earthliŋ Apr 29 '13 at 0:52

@Chocolate それです。 意味がわかりません。 –  tortuga23 Apr 29 '13 at 13:25

@user1205935 Here: "やっぱり甘えたいと思う時あいますよね。疲れている時とか、ヘニャッってなりたくなる時。" Is it an onomatopoeia? –  tortuga23 Apr 29 '13 at 13:30

1 Answer 1

I agree with Chocolate that it is 擬態語. Thus if I understand correctly it is a sibling of onomatopoeia, but not quite the same thing, because ヘニャッ doesn't come from sound.

The mental picture this word should evoke is something soft that buckles or collapses. So in the context of what you provided, I think it's a (tired) human body that buckles (onto the lap of the girl/boyfriend or something like that I'd imagine, since you say 甘えたい)

share|improve this answer

I guess mimesis is the correct term. –  Earthliŋ Apr 29 '13 at 20:49

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.