Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

In the following sentences is it correct to put を(second one) here ? Maybe it should be に ? And if its correct, how can we translate this part ? 「それをクラスメイト**見られて以降」

中学の夏休みだったーー。 旅行から帰って来たゆきを迎えに、駅前のバスターミナルで大きな車が待っていたそうだ。 それをクラスメイト**見られて以降、彼女は人の目をひく場所で、車に乗ることを嫌がるようになった。

Thank you.

share|improve this question
私も、『それをクラスメイト「に」見られて以来』のtypoだと思います・・・ –  Chocolate Apr 28 '13 at 11:42
add comment

1 Answer

up vote 1 down vote accepted

I believe that you cannot put two を since it marks a direct object. If I am correct, you would use this if the classmate can see something 「それをクラスメイトに見られて以降」. If you use を after classmate, I'm pretty sure it means that the classmate is the one being observed and most likely would be written as 「そのクラスメイトを見られて以降」. But I believe that you would want to use 「それをクラスメイトに見られて以降」. Sorry if I'm incorrect, I haven't gotten too far in my Japanese studies yet.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.