Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

when i was reading Rosario+vampire s2 manga i read this sentence ''血液を媒介にしてのみ真祖は継承されるの”

血液=blood

媒介=Intermediary

のみ=Only

真祖=term in the manga indicates vampires ancestors

継承=Inheritance

then what does ''媒介にして" mean ? its not ''媒介する” right ? and is "継承される" the passive form of "継承する” ?

share|improve this question
add comment

1 Answer

up vote 4 down vote accepted

媒介にして means as the medium

血液を媒介にしてのみ真祖は継承されるの

means

use the blood as the medium to become the 真祖

it think the sentence means if a 真祖 bites another person or vampire, then the blood of the 真祖 will flow into the person, then he will also become the 真祖

PS: this is a pretty common setting appears in many ACGs, like Tsukihime, Tsukuyomi

share|improve this answer

first thank you for answering . yes i think so right after posting the question i realized that ”にして” here mean "by making" so the whole phrase will mean "真祖 inherited only by making the blood as the medium" in Rosario+vampire context it doesn't mean that 真祖 will bite but will be bitten –  Homura Rin Feb 27 '13 at 13:44
add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.