Take the 2-minute tour ×
Japanese Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Japanese language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Tell me please what is the meaning of やらなればならない, maybe it's やらなければならない but still... Full sentence: 国がやらなればならない全てのことを、不蝕金鎖が担い、一定の秩序をつくりあげたのだ。 Thank you very much for the help! enter image description here

share|improve this question
As you correctly guessed, it is a typo for やらなければならない. –  Tsuyoshi Ito Feb 16 '13 at 19:56
add comment

1 Answer

up vote 3 down vote accepted

As @Tsuyoshi points out, やらなればならない is a typo. However, やらなければならない (and the more or less equivalent やらなくてはならない) do have several well-established contractions:

• やらなけりゃならない
  • やらなきゃならない
  • やらなくちゃならない
share|improve this answer
その最後の「ならなけば」がちょっと・・。なんて書こうとしたんですか? –  Chocolate Feb 16 '13 at 22:52

@Chocolate: Maybe やらなくば? –  Tsuyoshi Ito Feb 16 '13 at 23:13

@Chocolate 僕は使わないんですが……聞いたことがあると思って、グーグルでも49ページも出ています。実際あまりおかしいんですかね、やっぱり。 –  Earthliŋ Feb 16 '13 at 23:37
@user1205935 I think なくば is an old way of saying なければ: japanese.stackexchange.com/a/11212/1478 –  snailboat Feb 16 '13 at 23:44
(1) ならなけば is definitely not a contraction of やらなければ. If anything, it is a contraction of ならなければ. But I think that it is just a typo. (2) I could justify やらなくばならない as a mixture of classical Japanese and modern Japanese, but I agree that it is rare. –  Tsuyoshi Ito Feb 16 '13 at 23:45
show 11 more comments

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.